At the University of Regina, we did a Family Calendar for the first time last year and it was very well received.  (our on-campus Health Care provider helped sponsor it and covered some of the production costs).

Each month lists any important dates (ie: holidays, drop deadlines, tuition due deadlines, etc.); a photo of a campus event to showcase the types of things that happen on our campus throughout the year; a feature in the sidebar (each month spotlights a student service area available on our campus); and a "Questions to Ask Your Student" feature box that suggests 2-3 questions that would be appropriate conversation starters for parents - each month's questions relate to what should be happening in their student's life at that point in the term.

Raeanne Skihar
Student Success Centre
University of Regina

>>> "Snyder, Diane (Dee Dee)" <[log in to unmask]> 5/20/2015 6:00 AM >>>
Hello,

Can anyone suggest items we might give to parents that provide tips/advice on how they might support their students as they make the transition to college? I'm thinking of a booklet with tips or something like that.

Thanks,

Dee Dee

[The Ohio State University]
Dee Dee Snyder
Program Excel Project Manager
Ohio State ATI Student Success Services
128 Skou Hall, 1328 Dover Road, Wooster, OH 44691
330-287-1223 Office / 330-287-1333 Fax
http://ati.osu.edu/currentstudents/studentservices/program-excel