Dear Samin,

In addition to the Sampson data suggested by Michael, you might be
interested in networks of international conflicts & alliances (which are
reasonably sized). There is quite some data available from Correlates of
War: http://www.correlatesofwar.org/. There is also an interesting
overview of the complex relationships in the Middle East:
http://bit.ly/KIB_MiddleEast compiled by Information is Beautiful
<http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/the-middle-east-key-players-notable-relationships/>.
I used this latter data recently as an example of community detection
and social balance in a blog post:
http://www.traag.net/2015/03/03/powerblocs-social-balance-in-the-middle-east/,
and the former in a publication on community detection with negative
links http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.80.036115.

Best,

Vincent Traag