From: Juergen Pfeffer [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 9:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Participate at Sunbelt Viszards Session! :)

Hello Socnetters,

We are happy to invite you to participate at this year’s Viszards Session
at Sunbelt. The aim of this session is to demonstrate the richness and power
of network analysis, in particular when supported by visualization. We
therefore present a multi‐perspective analysis of a single data set,
utilizing a broad range of visualization methods. Rather than a series of
contributions on related subjects, this session features a single, joint
presentation by all contributors - no separate abstract submissions are
necessary.

This year's Viszards session will analyze data gathered from Twitter during
the Soccer World Cup 2014. We will show analysis results and visualizations
resulting from several million Tweets including keywords related to the
event as well as geo-located Tweets.

Viszards sessions started at Sunbelt XXII with different analyses and
visualizations of the media coverage of the September 11 terrorist attacks.
At the following Sunbelts we continued with: XXIII: 'The Summer Joker'
network; XXIV: players market of the football World Championship 2002; XXV:
KEDS (The Kansas Event Data System); XXVI: IMDB (The Internet Movie
Database) networks; XXVII: Wikipedia; and XXVIII: networks from Web of
Science; XXIX: Bibsonomy; XXX: Music 'social networks', and XXXI: US flight
network. With this year's session we are continuing this tradition.

All SNA researchers interested in visualization are invited to join the
session with their contribution by contacting <[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> >. And yes, we have data!

Best wishes,

Vladimir Batagelj, Katy Borner, Ulrik Brandes, Seok‐Hee Hong, Jeffrey C.
Johnson, Lothar Krempel, Juergen Lerner, Andrej Mrvar, Juergen Pfeffer.

--

Juergen Pfeffer, Assistant Research Professor

School of Computer Science

Carnegie Mellon University

Pittsburgh, USA

 <http://www.pfeffer.at> www.pfeffer.at