For users of statnet, but especially for those who find the R interface a
barrier to using statnet:

We are happy to announce a sneak preview of *statnetWeb* - a new graphical
user interface we are developing for the statnet network analysis
software.

statnetWeb provides access to much of the functionality of the ergm,
network and sna packages through a point-and-click interface (rather than
the traditional command line R interface), so it does not require
knowledge of R coding and syntax.  It provides a gentle guided approach to
network analysis, from plots and descriptives to model comparison and
evaluation, with the ability to output results.

statnetWeb runs in a web browser; you can access it through this link
<https://statnet.shinyapps.io/statnetWeb/> or on your local laptop through
RStudio. Find more information at our wiki page
<https://statnet.csde.washington.edu/trac/wiki/statnetWeb>.

We will be teaching a workshop <http://insna.org/sunbelt2015/?page_id=295>
on using this GUI at the 2015 INSNA Sunbelt conference, but please feel
free to begin using statnetWeb before then. You can follow along with
ongoing development and report any issues through our GitHub repository
<https://github.com/statnet/statnetWeb>.  And feel free to contact us with
any questions.

--
Martina Morris and Emily Beylerian