Hmm.. I'm not sure. In terms of speed, I agree with Alexander:
graph-tool is certainly much faster than igraph and networkx. Now, in
terms of software design (Alex's point), graph-tool is not as seamless
and approachable as networkx, perhaps because graph-tool is based on a
different underlying logic. For instance, in networkx everything is a
dictionary, which is the canonical way to proceed in Python, but in
graph-tool everything is a class, which is certainly a more C++-ish
idea (although it is developed in Python too). I guess, if Tiago could
have the chance to devote more of his time and to mobilize a
comparable amount of resources and assets as the Los Alamos people did
with networkx, graph-tool could become quite competitive. In any case,
for what I'm mostly doing in classes with students, I prefer networkx.

PS. I didn't know about NetworKit. Alexander, thanks for the tip!