Hi Arun,

Here is one example of aplication of network science to predict an IT
company productivity:

- http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1130251

In Barabasi's book there is another example, in which network analysis
was used to understand the "real" organization of a Hungarian company:

- http://barabasilab.neu.edu/networksciencebook/download/network_science_November_Ch1_2012.pdf

[]'s,

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Arun Sundararajan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Most of the business examples (with the exception of those from Ron
> Burt's work on power, brokerage and social capital) I use in my
> networks-related classes relate to marketing, and typically deal with
> some subset of online advertising, a platform like Facebook, Twitter,
> Google, or Reddit, and the adoption of Internet-based or mobile
> products/services.
>
> Many of my students (especially those in the executive education
> classes) express interest in knowing about how more companies like
> automobiles, consumer packaged goods, energy, healthcare, banking,
> insurance, construction, real estate, chemicals, semiconductors,
> business software -- as well as government agencies (city, state,
> federal) -- use network analyses, and also, how these are used in
> contexts that transcend marketing.
>
> I'd be really interested in any studies (academic or industry) that
> have analyses that are situated in these industries or contexts. I'd
> be happy to share any slides I develop.
>
> cheers, Arun.
>

> --
> @digitalarun |  http://oz.stern.nyu.edu/
> "Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi)

Alan Godoy Souza Mello
Pesquisador
CPqD - Gerência de Plataforma Tecnológica

Doutorando em Engenharia Elétrica
LBiC - Laboratório de Bioinformática e Computação Bio-Inspirada
DCA / FEEC / Unicamp