Hi Arun and Luca,

Much of the most important social network theory and empirical studies on business organizations and on industries and markets have been historical studies, including the work of John Padgett and colleagues, including Paul McLean, Christopher Ansell, and William Powell.  See Padget and Powell (2012):

http://www.amazon.com/Emergence-Organizations-Markets-John-Padgett/dp/0691148872/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431624018&sr=1-1

Also see Katherine Stovel's work, like Stovel and Savage (2006) and Fountain and Stovel (2014) for a study of contemporary business.

I also recommend David Stark's work, including his book The Sense of Dissonance(2009) and his articles with Balazs Vedres.

Good literature reviews for more contemporary network studies of businesses and markets can be found in Chapter 4 of Carruthers and Babb (2012):

http://www.amazon.com/Economy-Society-Meanings-Structure-Sociology/dp/1412994969/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431624728&sr=1-1

in Kadushin (2011):

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Social-Networks-Theories-Concepts/dp/0195379470/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1431624874&sr=1-1

and in methods texts like Wasserman and Faust (1994) and De Nooy, Mrvar, and Batagelj (2011).

You mention Ronald Burt, but other key network researchers of contemporary organizations and markets include Brian Uzzi, Wayne Baker, Mark Granovetter, Yanjie Bian (1997), and Martin Ruef.  Robert Faulkner's (1983) Music on Demand:  Composers and Careers in the Hollywood Film Industry is a classic social network study of the conditions of freelance employment, which is relevant to many fields today.

The business literature includes lots of network studies of social capital in organizations for which Ronald Burt and Nan Lin can be guides.

Although not a network scholar per se, relational sociologist Andrew Abbott is a fellow traveler whose work remains important, especially The System of Professions (1988) and "Linked Ecologies" (2005).

In terms of government, consider David Knoke on political and policy networks and William Domhoff's (1990) The Power Elite and the State:  How Policy is Made in America. for whom social network theories and methods are important.

This is still a partial list, of course, and goes beyond your specific request.

Best,

David​​