Hi, Nazim.

Here is another Python package, that is really fast: NetworKit (
https://networkit.iti.kit.edu/). There is a paper about it with comparison
of its performance with NetworkX:
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1403/1403.3005.pdf

My colleague, Benjamin Lind, tried it to generate large Erdős–Rényi graphs
and it was much faster, than igraph.

Best,
Alex.

(Social | Network | Data) Analyst

Junior Research Fellow at the International Laboratory for Applied Network
Research
National Research University Higher School of Economics
http://anr.hse.ru/en/

http://jarens.ru
ru.linkedin.com/in/semenoffalex/
https://www.facebook.com/semenoffalex