Hi, Nazim.

Here is another Python package, that is really fast: NetworKit (https://networkit.iti.kit.edu/). There is a paper about it with comparison of its performance with NetworkX: http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1403/1403.3005.pdf

My colleague, Benjamin Lind, tried it to generate large Erdős–Rényi graphs and it was much faster, than igraph.

Best,
Alex.

(Social | Network | Data) Analyst

Junior Research Fellow at the International Laboratory for Applied Network Research
National Research University Higher School of Economics

Dear SOCNET Colleagues,

Would anyone please be able to help me with any suggestion regarding network analysis software that can handle over 2 million of edges.

I am working on link prediction and in some cases, the extant algorithms like "Preferential attachment" or "RootedPageRank" generates over a million of edges in predicting future networks.

I tried some but found them incapable of  processing such big networks.

Thanks and Regards
Nazim Choudhury