Dear SocNet:

I'm looking for a couple of key papers that show how people can use their social network ties to identify prestigious and/or expert individuals, where they might go for information.  Note I'm not talking about using centrality or some other measure where the analysis picks out the individuals. Rather, I'm interested in this from the perspective of the individual.  For example, if I want to know something about a new topic, how would I leverage my social networks to find the best person?

Thanks, Mark

Mark Lubell, Ph.D.
Department of Environmental Science and Policy
One Shields Avenue
University of California, Davis
Davis, CA 95618

Email: [log in to unmask]