***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
Book release announcement:
If you’re interested in using Twitter data for social science studies or for “now-casting” then this book might be of interest to you.
Twitter: A Digital Socioscope
It has six topic-specific chapters and a general introductory chapter, each chapter written by domain experts.
0. “Opportunities and challenges for online social research” by Michael Macy and Scott Golder
1. “Analyzing Twitter data” by Shamanth Kumar, Fred Morstatter and Huan Liu
2. “Political opinion” by Daniel Gayo Avello
3. “Socio-economic indicators” by Huina Mao
4. “Hyperlocal happiness” by Daniele Quercia
5. “Public health” by Patty Kostkova
6. “Disaster monitoring” by Bella Robinson, Robert Power and Mark Cameron.
Abstracts and references for the chapters can be found here:
Also available as kindle edition from Amazon: