From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Valdis Krebs
Sent: 14 May 2015 18:31
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] looking for examples of the use of network analysis in "old-economy" industries

Arun,

I have many SNA/ONA business cases on this web page:

http://orgnet.com/cases.html

A good overview of applying SNA to business is this paper, with several real client examples...

http://orgnet.com/Managing21CenturyOrganization.pdf

Enjoy!

Valdis Krebs
Orgnet, LLC
Twitter: @orgnet
http://orgnet.com
http://thenetworkthinkers.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valdis_Krebs

On May 14, 2015, at 9:38 AM, Arun Sundararajan wrote:

Hi,

Most of the business examples (with the exception of those from Ron
Burt's work on power, brokerage and social capital) I use in my
networks-related classes relate to marketing, and typically deal with
some subset of online advertising, a platform like Facebook, Twitter,
Google, or Reddit, and the adoption of Internet-based or mobile
products/services.

Many of my students (especially those in the executive education
classes) express interest in knowing about how more companies like
automobiles, consumer packaged goods, energy, healthcare, banking,
insurance, construction, real estate, chemicals, semiconductors,
business software -- as well as government agencies (city, state,
federal) -- use network analyses, and also, how these are used in
contexts that transcend marketing.

I'd be really interested in any studies (academic or industry) that
have analyses that are situated in these industries or contexts. I'd
be happy to share any slides I develop.

cheers, Arun.

--
@digitalarun |  http://oz.stern.nyu.edu/
"Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi)

_____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send an email message to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> containing the line UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.