Hi Arun

There is a relatively wide literature of application of networks in
finance/banking.

See for example our conference last year:
http://www.risk.jbs.cam.ac.uk/news/events/other/2014/140923_financialriskandnetworktheory.html

and call for papers for this year:
http://www.risk.jbs.cam.ac.uk/news/events/other/2015/150909_financialriskandnetworktheory.html

and the Journal of Network Theory in Finance:
http://www.risk.net/static/about-the-journal-of-network-theory-in-finance

Best,
Kimmo

--
Kimmo Soramäki
Founder and CEO, FNA
|   www.fna.fi
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Network Theory in Finance
|   www.risk.net/journal
Mobile: +44 779 032 1236
Twitter: soramaki

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 9:38 AM, Arun Sundararajan <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Most of the business examples (with the exception of those from Ron
> Burt's work on power, brokerage and social capital) I use in my
> networks-related classes relate to marketing, and typically deal with
> some subset of online advertising, a platform like Facebook, Twitter,
> Google, or Reddit, and the adoption of Internet-based or mobile
> products/services.
>
> Many of my students (especially those in the executive education
> classes) express interest in knowing about how more companies like
> automobiles, consumer packaged goods, energy, healthcare, banking,
> insurance, construction, real estate, chemicals, semiconductors,
> business software -- as well as government agencies (city, state,
> federal) -- use network analyses, and also, how these are used in
> contexts that transcend marketing.
>
> I'd be really interested in any studies (academic or industry) that
> have analyses that are situated in these industries or contexts. I'd
> be happy to share any slides I develop.
>
> cheers, Arun.
>

> --
> @digitalarun |  http://oz.stern.nyu.edu/
> "Be the change you want to see in the world." (Gandhi)

Dr. Kimmo Soramaki
Founder and CEO
FNA, www.fna.fi
Skype: ksoramaki