Hi Paul,

it is not exactly what you asked for, but I have an encyclopedia piece
that might be of interest:

Tindall, D.B. and Tracy Groenewegen. 2014. "Activists and Activism,
Digital" Pp. 2-11 in Encyclopedia of Social Media and Politics. Volume
1. Edited by Kerric  Harvey and J. Geoffrey Golson. Thousand Oaks, CA:
Sage Publications.

I'll send it to you offline.

DBT