Here are my two cents. Just (scholar-)google them to get full
references. --Moses

Eom, Puliga, Smailovic, Mozetic & Caldarelli, Twitter-Based Analysis
Of The Dynamics Of Collective Attention To Political Parties

Weng & Menczer, Topicality & Impact In Social Media - Diverse Messages
Focused Messengers

Bastos, Mercea & Charpentier, Tents Tweets & Events: The Interplay
Between Ongoing Protests & Social Media

Liorente, Garcia-Herranz, Cebrian & Moro, Social Media Fingerprints Of
Unemployment

Mocanu, Rossi, Zhang, Karsai & Quattrociocchi, Collective Attension In
The Age Of (Mis)Information

Yasseri & Bright, Can Electoral Popularity Be Predicted Using Socially
Generated Big Data?

Hawelka, Sitko, Beinat, Sobolevsky, Kazakopoulos & Ratti, Geo-Located
Twitter As The Proxy For Global Mobility Patterns

Jarynowski & Rostami, Reading Stockholm Riots 2013 In Social Media By
Text-Mining

Golbeck & Hansen, Computing Political Preference Among Twitter Followers

Fabrega & Sajuria, The Emergence Of Political Discourse On Digital
Networks: The Case Of Occupy Movement.

Weber, Garimella & Teka, Political Hashtag Trends

Gayo-Avello, "I Wanted To Predict Elections With Twitter & All I Got
Was This Lousy Paper": A Balanced Survey On Election Prediction Using
Twitter Data

Garcia, Chauveau, Ladezma & Pinto, What Can Social Media Teach Us
About Protests: Analyzing The Chilean 2011-12 Student Movement's
Network Evolution Through Twitter Data

DiGrazia, McKelvey, Bollen & Rojas, More Tweets More Votes: Social
Media As A Quantitative Indicator Of Political Behavior

Holthoefer etal, Structural & Dynamical Patterns On Online Social
Networks: The Spanish May 15th Movement As A Case Study

Gonzalez-Bailon, Borge-Holthoefer, Rivero & Moreno, The Dynamics Of
Protest Recruitment Through An Online Network

Conover, Ferrara, Menczer & Flammini, The Digital Evolution Of Occupy
Wall Street

Bastos, Travitzki & Raimundo, Tweeting Political Dissent: Retweets As
Pamplets In #FreeIran #FreeVenezuela#Jan25 #SpanishRevolution&
#OccupyWallSt

Bastos, Raimundo & Travitzki, Gatekeeping Twitter: Message Diffusion
In Political Hashtags

Beauchesne, Visualisation des tweets de la grève étudiante
http://olihb.com/2012/04/03/visualisation-des-tweets-de-la-greve-etudiante/

Hodson, Twitter hashtags predict rising tension in Egypt
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg21929315.500-twitter-hashtags-predict-rising-tension-in-egypt.html#.VXKTmFxsFBd

Postill, Spain’s indignados and the mediated aesthetics of nonviolence
http://johnpostill.com/2013/07/14/spains-indignados-and-the-mediated-aesthetics-of-nonviolence/