The following article is the first one that comes to mind:

Contractor, Noshir S., and Leslie A. DeChurch. 2014. "Integrating social networks and human social motives to achieve social influence at scale." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences no. 111 (Supplement 4):13650-13657. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1401211111.

Best,

Michael
----
Michael D. Siciliano, PhD