Paul, these may be relevant:

Study of mobilization dynamics on the UK No. 10 Downing Street website:

Scott Hale, Helen Margetts and Taha Yasseri. 2013. "Petition growth and
success rates on the UK No. 10 Downing Street website." Proc 5th Annual ACM
Web Science Conf. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2464518

Study of Tea Party internet mobilization around the 2011 Cut, Cap and
Balance Pledge :

Bogdan Vasi, David Strang and Arnout van de Rijt. 2014. “Tea and Sympathy:
The Tea Party Movement and Republican Pre-commitment to Radical
Conservatism in the 2011 Debt Limit Crisis.” *Mobilization* 19(1):1-22.
http://mobilizationjournal.org/doi/abs/10.17813/maiq.19.1.w30q317v25r35603?journalCode=maiq

Experiments on positive feedback in petition signing on the e-platform
change.org :

Arnout van de Rijt, Soong Moon Kang, Michael Restivo and Akshay Patil.
2014. “Field Experiments of Success-Breeds-Success Dynamics." *PNAS*
 111(19):6934-9. http://www.pnas.org/content/111/19/6934.abstract

Gabriela Gonzalez, Juhi Tyagi, Idil Akin, Fernanda Page, Michael Schwartz
and Arnout van de Rijt. 2015. “In Vivo Experimental Study of Emergent
Mobilization in Online Collective Action.” *Mobilization* 20(3),
forthcoming.
https://mobilizingideas.wordpress.com/2015/02/23/more-evidence-for-spontaneity-accidental-activation-in-online-campaigns/

--
Arnout van de Rijt