As you all remember I posted a Red-cockaded Woodpecker at Hal Scott that had a broken foot. It had two cast before the foot actually healed considerably. Everyone thought it almost impossible for the male breeder to breed with this condition. Well today I had the pleasure of seeing both male fledglings that he produced! This is a historical feat for Hal Scott Preserve, and it's RCW biologist. I have posted the chick banding pictures and the fledgling pictures on my site. Also you can see the male breeder with one of his sons.

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/19120909392

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/19125377462

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/19131079195

www.flickr.com/photos/mudhen/18943363930