The research shows centrally located area where students go for a multitude
of reasons (not just tutoring) removes stigma and increases participation.
As Jenny, my BFF says, a learning commons with the library works
well--that's where it is on our campus as well.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 7:32 AM, Jennifer L. Briney <[log in to unmask]
> wrote:

> Hello Caroline and others,
> We are currently located in an academic building but are making a move to
> the library.  We are hoping to be a one-stop-shop for all academic support.
> Jenny Briney
> AcMurray College
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jul 17, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Jenkins, Caroline <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > My name is Caroline Jenkins, and I am currently serving as an academic
> coach at Louisiana State University Shreveport. We are in the beginning
> stages of establishing a success center on our campus that will centralize
> many of the academic support services we have to offer (i.e., coaching,
> tutoring, workshops, writing center, etc.) Right now we are trying choose
> an optimal location for this success center. We are striving to pick a
> location that allows our students easy access, and functionality. Our
> choices are the campus library, an academic building, or the University
> Center. I am wondering if any of you could share your wisdom on this
> particular issue? What location has worked best for your schools?
> > What are the pros and cons to housing a success center in a particular
> location?
> >
> > Thank you so much for your time, I look forward to learning more!
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Caroline Jenkins
> > Academic Coach - Student Development Center
> > Louisiana State University Shreveport
> > Office: (318) 797-4239
> > [log in to unmask]   www.lsus.edu

> browser to
> > http://www.lists.ufl.edu/archives/lrnasst-l.html

> browser to

*Robin Ozz*: President-Elect National Association of Developmental Education

Director of Developmental Education

English Faculty

1202 W Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ  85013
phone | 6022857818