From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Paul Cleveland
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 10:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tutoring & Grad Students

Hi Christine,

Here at the Polytechnic Tutoring Center we have subject tutoring for core undergraduate courses staffed by undergraduates.  We also have a writing center staffed by part-time professional writing consultants.  I do not have any subject tutoring for grad-level courses.  However, occasionally grad students do come in and ask, say, a MATLAB tutor something about the code.
But I always council the grad student that the tutor may or may not be able to help.  Grad students make very good use of our writing center.  And, I offer English conversation groups for international students, and usually grad students make up the vast majority of participants in these groups.

Best,

John Paul

John Paul Cleveland, M.T.S., M.A.
Director, Polytechnic Tutoring Center