I am working with the Learning center and the Health Sciences/Nursing
division in a community college to create a communication lab for our
international students.  These students have completed all their ESL
classes.  The issue/concern is that these students are not retaining their
English speaking skills or are uncomfortable with speaking English.  There
is a strong need in the health professions for the students to be fluent in
speaking English.

We were looking to create an environment where the students could just
come and talk to other students to practice their English speaking skills in
an open lab area.

I am curious if anyone is doing this type of lab and is willing to share how
to accomplish this in the learning center and get possible funding. Or does
anyone know of any research in this area.

Thank you
Cathy Flores
CPCC