Hi Kim,
We are an Apple based campus. All of our students receive a MacBook
and iPad upon entry.  We are primarily a walk in tutoring center.  I
purchased an Apple TV set up (42 inch monitor and the Apple TV box,
plus stand), various white boards, and an extra large monitor/keyboard
that you can connect your laptop to.

I can count on one hand the number of tutors/students who have used
the Apple TV.  I thought this one would be a big draw, but they seem
to like "old school" style tutoring.

The whiteboards are a hit and miss. anatomy tutors will use them and
sometimes math. If a group is studying for an exam, they may use them
too.

No one has used the monitor hook up.

Students and tutors come to the center with their laptops and
sometimes IPads.   Depending on the faculty and what on-line resources
they require, some sessions will have laptops on and in use.
In general, very few of our students use their ipad for academic
things. That is more of an easy email check, games, music, etc.  They
really use their laptop for academic things.

I have asked tutors why they don't use the Apple TV in particular.
They tell me they just don't think about using it, and if they are in
the middle of a session they don't want to stop and have everybody
move so they can see, and they can get the job done just as easily
without it.  (We were only able to purchase one, so depending on what
table they are sitting at, they would have to move in order to see it.
I put it on a wheeled cart, but it cannot go everywhere due to
outlets)
 I continue to train on how to use it (super easy to use),send email
reminders to use it, what ever I can think of.

About two years ago, I asked tutors what iPad apps they would like for
tutoring  we could purchase for them.  Nobody had suggestions.  They
reported they just go on line with their MacBook to get whatever.

 I am interested in what others have to say on this.

Lynda Sukolsky
Seton Hill University