Hi Jane,

I just joined this forum and found this topic very interesting! I have always
preferred to take notes by hand. As a graduate student where laptops are
required for class lectures, I still use pen and paper. I feel that writing
helps my digestion of the material- I think about what I am writing, rather
than zone out while I type. As a tutor, I also help students work on their
note taking strategies to enhance critical thinking and memory retention. I
know there are many strategies, but I have had decent success with the
outline method and mind mapping. I look forward to more research being
conducted on this topic.

Thanks for sharing!

E. Jones
Higher Education Graduate Student