Juan,

At the University of Nevada, Reno, we will open the Pennington Achievement
Center in January. It is a new building that will include the three
tutoring centers, Veteran Services, Counseling Services, TRiO, McNair,
Disability Resource Center, Advising Center, and Career Center. I think
that is all the services. In the basement, they will have two classrooms
and two areas of collaborative learning. This is a link to the basics:
http://www.unr.edu/facilities/planning-and-construction/campus-construction
/student-achievement-center. One of the things we pushed for in this
building was a meditation room. Students will be able to book it for
faith-based meetings, meditation, yoga and that type of thing. We made
sure there will be public areas for students to work individually and in
groups. The Knowledge Center (library), built a few years ago, has public
space and students use it. Since we aren¹t in the building yet, I can¹t
really give you any more information, but we are hoping it will a great
space for the different offices and for students.

Best,
Marsha

Dr. Marsha Urban
Director, Tutoring Center, MS 078
101N Thompson Building
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, NV 89557
(775)784-6801 (office)
(775)682-5983 (voicemail)
(775)784-4277 (fax)

On 7/21/15, 10:07 AM, "Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on
behalf of Jimenez, Juan" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of