That is so great, Marsha!  A meditation room meshes really well with all the mindfulness practices we teach.

I look forward to seeing how it evolves when it opens!!

Amy

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marsha M Urban
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Manipulatives, "Maker" Space -- Need ideas & resources

Juan,

At the University of Nevada, Reno, we will open the Pennington Achievement Center in January. It is a new building that will include the three tutoring centers, Veteran Services, Counseling Services, TRiO, McNair, Disability Resource Center, Advising Center, and Career Center. I think that is all the services. In the basement, they will have two classrooms and two areas of collaborative learning. This is a link to the basics:
http://www.unr.edu/facilities/planning-and-construction/campus-construction
/student-achievement-center. One of the things we pushed for in this building was a meditation room. Students will be able to book it for faith-based meetings, meditation, yoga and that type of thing. We made sure there will be public areas for students to work individually and in groups. The Knowledge Center (library), built a few years ago, has public space and students use it. Since we aren¹t in the building yet, I can¹t really give you any more information, but we are hoping it will a great space for the different offices and for students.

Best,
Marsha

Dr. Marsha Urban
Director, Tutoring Center, MS 078