Here is a blurb about a session at the IWCA Conference this coming
October:

The 2015 IWCA conference will feature a session on Saturday evening by
Dr. David Sheridan entitled “We're Making It!: What Can Writing Centers
Learn from Makerspaces?” Learn about what makerspaces might teach us
about writing center work! This presentation builds on striking
commonalities that writing centers and makerspaces share: a commitment
to peer-based learning and collaboration; a desire to create a safe
space for risk-taking and experimentation; a healthy disregard for more
formal educational structures; and, of course, the goal of nurturing
processes of making themselves (variously referred to as "composing,"
"designing," "creating," and "inventing”).

The link to conference info is:
http://writingcenters.org/events-2/past-conferences/iwca-2015-writing-center-revolutions/

Pat

Coordinator of the Writing Center
Instructor of Writing
USM's L-A College
51 Westminster Street
Lewiston, Maine 04240
(207) 753-6674

“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken
glass.” --Anton Chekhov

>>> "Crouse-Powers, Amy"  07/21/15 2:34 PM >>>
That is so great, Marsha!  A meditation room meshes really well with all
the mindfulness practices we teach.

I look forward to seeing how it evolves when it opens!!

Amy