I would like to be copied on this information as well. Thank you!

From: Crouse-Powers, Amy<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Sent: ?Thursday?, ?July? ?9?, ?2015 ?1?:?11? ?PM
To: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Hi, all,

My director has been asked to obtain benchmarks for comparison for reviewing our own budget.

Of course, all of our programs are widely varied, so we're looking for any information you can provide, and we'll have to collate.  :)

We run a learning center with professional tutoring and peer tutoring (both appointment based and drop-in); we also run a writing center with professional-only tutoring.  We run placement testing and administer a graduation requirement test in writing.  We teach a range of courses, both developmental and non-developmental.

Her question is below.

Thanks, everyone!

Amy Crouse-Powers
SUNY Oneonta

In terms of benchmarking the budget, I'm looking for line items and the amount of students served for:

Peer Tutoring Programs including:

Peer tutor pay
Supplemental instruction
Training peer tutors
Student desk workers/clerks
Marketing and recruitment materials
Operational costs/technologies

Professional tutoring/ Academic Coaching programs

Developmental Programs including:
Professional development for instructors of developmental coursework
Online tutoring
Office materials
Writing center operations

Testing:
Placement exam administration and evaluation
Professional development/ norming sessions for essay evaluators
Administration and examination of capstone testing and evaluation

Enrichment programs like:
Peer mentor program
Enrichment Workshops
Outreach programs

And operating expenses and office materials for programs like this.

Thanks for any feedback,
Alison

Alison Fugit
Director, CADE