We have found a number of uses for iPads in the Student Success Center<http://www.sa.sc.edu/ssc/>. One app I would recommend is ShowMe<http://www.showme.com/>, which is a user-friendly way to make short tutorial videos. We've had Peer Tutors and SI Leaders step up to make videos on various topics, and this has allowed us to start building a homegrown online library of videos that are easily embedded on our website: http://www.sa.sc.edu/ssc/virtual/helpwithcourses/.

Overall, this has been well-received by both peer leaders who work for our center and by student participants using our services. We are brainstorming other ways to utilize this in our Peer Tutoring and SI Programs, i.e. having leaders create a ShowMe Video to be sent out as a preview for an upcoming appointment/session (attendance-boosting strategy).

Highly recommend!

--

Rachel Marie Brunson, M.A.

Coordinator of Supplemental Instruction

Student Success Center | Thomas Cooper Library

The University of South Carolina | Go Gamecocks!

www.sc.edu/success