Hey SNAers,

I have a social media network (Twitter) where many nodes are followed by many other nodes and vice versa. I'd like to roughly estimate the average number of UNIQUE followers each node has. In other words I don't want to know precisely how many unique followers each individual node has (indegree), only the average (mean and/or median).

I feel like there should be a simple metric or formula that takes node indegree, the number of edges, density, and assumes some alpha level of duplication and spits out the average unique in degree for my network.

Can anyone provide me some direction?

Joe Shaheen
Phd Student & Consultant
GMU - Krasnow Institute