Tim Rowley's article from 1997, "Moving beyond dyadic ties: A network
theory of stakeholder influences
<https://scholar.google.com/scholar?cluster=13252696056846143560&hl=en&as_sdt=0,39&sciodt=0,39>
​"​

​​
has 1870 hits in google scholar.  I might narrow within that as it was one
of the first to consciously linked network concepts with stakeholder
management.  To me, "good" PR (as opposed to BS) would be rooted in
stakeholder theory/practice.

Link for google scholar hits.
<https://scholar.google.com/scholar?es_sm=122&um=1&ie=UTF-8&lr&cites=13252696056846143560>

Here are a few articles in my own Zotero library that may be relevant.

Battilana, J., & Dorado, S. (2010). Building Sustainable Hybrid
Organizations: The Case of Commercial Microfinance Organizations. *Academy
of Management Journal*, *53*(6), 1419–1440.
http://doi.org/10.5465/AMJ.2010.57318391
 Tesdahl, E. A. (2014). More than the Sum of Its Parts: Cooperation and
Mutual Commitment in Multi-Issue Congregation-Based Community
Organizing. *Sociological
Inquiry*, n/a–n/a. http://doi.org/10.1111/soin.12063

Good Luck,
Jordi

--
*Jordi Comas*

*"There is nothing so practical as a good theory."  Kurt Lewin*
Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Blog (under construction): Simple
Tools. <https://simpletools.blogs.bucknell.edu/>

Netcentric <http://netcentric.blogs.bucknell.edu/>: Resources for Teaching
Network Theory and Research

Research and Writing Blog: Nets We Weave <http://netsweweave.wordpress.com>

*Assistant ProfessorSchool of ManagementBucknell UniversityTaylor 112570
577 3161*