Alex,

I will try to use both statnet and igraph together again.  My problem was not in using ergm, however.  My issues occurred when I was trying to extract a subgraph.  I have a large network consisting of 5K+ nodes and organized into groups of 30-70 nodes each.  I'm investigating collaboration change in one group as they move from a closed office to open plan facility.  I can write scripts that work when either igraph or statnet are loaded, but when both are loaded, I have difficulty with extracting a subnet, converting from the network to graph data structure, and with visualization using plot (I imagine I need to use the actual package command ie gplot).

I think if I knew how to convert between the network and graph data structures, I'd be able to leverage both packages.

Thanks.

Ian McCulloh

Sent from my iPhone