On 08/23/2015 08:33 AM, Ian McCulloh wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm doing an SNA project on an organization of about 120 nodes.  I am using
> Statnet in R.  I want to make an SNA visualization where I only visualize
> the labels for the most central 10 or 20 nodes.  Does anyone have some R
> code that does this?

If I understand what you are trying to do, I think the easiest way to
show labels for some verticies and not others is to conditional set
either the vertex label size (label.cex parameter) to zero or the
vertex.label to blank "" for the labels you want to hide using the
ifelse function.

bet<-betweenness(gn)
gplot(gn, label.cex=ifelse(bet>0.5,bet,0) label.col=1,
label=network.vertex.names(gn), vertex.col=2, edge.col=8, vertex.cex=0.5)

or

bet<-betweenness(gn)
gplot(gn, label.cex=node.scale(node.scale(bet)), label.col=1,
label=iflse(bet>0.5,network.vertex.names(gn),""), vertex.col=2,
edge.col=8, vertex.cex=0.5)