Hi Jordi,

I've had students ask the same thing, and have been equally at a loss
for an answer.  Looking for an out, in this paper
(https://www.msu.edu/~zpneal/publications/neal-emporg.pdf) I proposed
an alternative (I called it gamma-centrality) that yields
qualitatively similar results and has a tunable parameter, but never
yields negative scores.  As an added bonus, the "gamma" parameter
doesn't have any restrictions on its range.

Best,
Zak

--
Zachary Neal, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology & Global Urban Studies Program

On networks - www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415881425/
On system science - www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415843324/
On public space - www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415997270/
On diversity & cohesion - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az6Uy7p3kas