Qasim,

You might want to look at how this is represented in ERGMs.  A good
place to start is

Goodreau S, Kitts J, Morris M. Birds of a Feather, or Friend of a
Friend? Using Statistical Network Analysis to Investigate Adolescent
Social Networks. Demography. 2009;46(1):103–25.

Note, this is a model for the prevalence of ties, so not a true dynamic
model of tie formation and dissolution.  For that you would need a
temporal ergm.  See:

Krivitsky PN, Handcock MS. A separable model for dynamic networks.
J R Stat Soc B. 2014;76(1):29-46. doi: 10.1111/rssb.12014.

This is more of a technical paper.  Pavel and I have a more applied paper
under review that examines how some simple underlying processes of tie
formation and dissolution (e.g., variation in mean degree by group,
homophily, and a degree 1 preference) lead to differences in component
size distributions for networks and network exposure for individuals.

best,
Martina

  On Tue, 8 Sep 2015, Muhammad Qasim Pasta wrote:

> ***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Hello,
> I am looking for papers to understand the role of different dynamics/rules in formation of different topological
> properties in complex networks. For example, as we know that dynamics behind formation of co-author networks and a social
> network could be different. I am interested to learn that what difference the dynamics can make on topological structure
> of a network even both network poses similar characteristics like degree distribution, average clustering coefficient
> etc.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Muhammad Qasim PastaCell: +92-333-3158277
> http://qasimpasta.info
>
> Save a tree. Don't print this email unless  it's really necessary.
> _____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Director, UWCFAR Sociobehavioral and Prevention Research Core
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:        (206) 685-3402