Dear Qasim,

I doubt what I have to offer is exactly what you are looking for, but Neha Gondal and I published a few papers in which we explored how distinctly different norms of tie formation and different actor involvements at the micro level could (and did) result in distinctly different structures at the macro level, specifically in the sense of differently structured components within a single network.  You won't find a ready-to-use model in our work, but conceptually it seems to be in the ballpark of what interests you.  The first article is most methodological and technical of the three, using ERGM.  The second is the most conceptual/theoretical.  The third will interest you least as it is most historical.

1) Neha Gondal and Paul D. McLean, “What Makes a Network Go Round? Exploring the Structure of a Strong Component with Exponential Random Graph Models,” Social Networks 35, 4: 499-513

2) Neha Gondal and Paul D. McLean, “Linking Tie-meaning with Network Structure: Variable Connotations of Personal Lending in a Multiple-Network Ecology,” Poetics 41: 122-50

3) Paul D. McLean and Neha Gondal, “The Circulation of Interpersonal Credit in Renaissance Florence,” European Journal of Sociology/Archives Européennes de Sociologie 55, 2: 135-76

 Good luck with your search.

Paul

Paul McLean
Associate Professor of Sociology