***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org ***** Dear SocNet list,

Please see below for a new position we’re hiring in applied statistics at New College of Florida.  The hire is part of a new data science group at the college, and the candidate will join a cluster of recent hires from fields including computer science, statistics, bioinformatics, and political science.  We’re particularly interested in applied statisticians trained in social science fields, including people studying social networks, and I would encourage anyone interested to apply.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions at [log in to unmask] .

Best,
Jack

http://www.ncf.edu/statistics

New College of Florida invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Applied Statistics, starting in August, 2016. A Ph.D. in applied statistics or a related applied field is required. Postdoctoral or teaching experience is preferred and consulting experience is a plus. We seek an individual to help create an innovative Data Science Program in a liberal arts context.  We are looking for candidates capable of designing and teaching courses and guiding research at both the graduate and undergraduate level in a highly interdisciplinary setting.  We strongly encourage women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities to apply.

Situated on the Gulf Coast of Florida and Sarasota Bay, New College is a nationally recognized, highly-selective public honors college with an 11:1 student/faculty ratio.  New College is nationally known for its experimental, project-based approach to education.  Students, with the help of faculty sponsors, plan their own academic programs through a series of semester contracts, and receive narrative evaluations in lieu of grades. Completion of a senior thesis is a graduation requirement.

The teaching load is two classes per semester, plus supervision of tutorials, independent study projects, senior theses and master's level projects. The College is especially interested in candidates who wish to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through teaching, scholarship and service.

A complete application includes a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation (at least one that evaluates teaching), a statement of teaching philosophy (including course proposals), and a description of proposed research (including how undergraduates would be involved). To ensure full consideration, all materials should be received by October 12, but applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. New College of Florida is an EOE/AA/ADA/WMA institution. Please complete the application at ncf.simplehire.com. Contact [log in to unmask] with any questions.

--
Jack Reilly
Assistant Professor of Political Science