Dear Socnetters,

The MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit of the University of Glasgow, UK, is recruiting a grade 7 research associate for an 18 month project. Under the supervision of Dr Heide Weishaar and Dr Shona Hilton, the post holder will investigate the development of current Scottish policies to regulate electronic cigarettes, with a particular focus on commercial sector engagement. We are looking for a highly motivated, independent researcher with organisational and communication skills to conduct and manage a complex project and publish research on the topic.

The successful candidate will hold a PhD or equivalent in social or political science, public health, or other relevant subject and have a sound understanding of qualitative research methods. Skills in documentary analysis and social network research are an asset.

The job advert can be found on: http://goo.gl/0g2Xsw

The deadline for applications is: 30 September 2015

Job interviews are likely to be held on: 12 October 2015

Interested candidates can contact me directly for more information on [log in to unmask].

I would hugely appreciate if you circulated the advert as widely as possible.

Thanks,

Heide

--

Heide Weishaar
Research Fellow

Informing Healthy Public Policy Programme
MRC/CSO Social and Public Health Sciences Unit University of Glasgow
200 Renfield Street
Glasgow G2 3QB
UK
+44 (0)141 353 7532

Most recent publication: Weishaar, H., Amos, A., & Collin, J. (2015). Best of Enemies: Using social network analysis to explore a policy network in European smoke-free policy. Social Science & Medicine, 133, 85-92. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.03.045. Online: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0277953615001987