Hello ACM!  We hope you are having a great start to your Fall semester. This is ACM Weekly, where we keep you up-to-date on upcoming ACM events and happenings.

Hope to see you at our events!

What’s Going On: This Week

Friday Night Hacks with ACM
HACK THE NIGHT AWAY WITH ACM!

This Friday night, 9/11, ACM is hosting its weekly Friday Night Hacks event! Starting at 7pm, we're opening up the ACM office all night for anyone to stop by for a few hours and knock out some code. Late-night hacker fuel will be provided for attendees, and you're free to come and go as you please. So bring some friends, some bold ideas, and something to hack on. It doesn't matter if you're doing homework, studying for an exam, or developing the next big disruptor in the mobile space - Friday Night Hacks is the place to do it.

See you there!

Apply to be a ACM Chair!

You can find all of the chair application links below. Descriptions of the roles of each position are listed on both the application and within our General Body Meeting slides. In addition to the responsibilities listed on the application, all chair positions will be expected to meet with the officers on *at least* a once-a-month basis. WE WILL BE CLOSING THE APPLICATIONS THIS FRIDAY, 9/11 AT 11:59PM. You can apply for as many chair positions as you want, but can only hold one. Good luck smile emoticon

Social Events Chairhttps://docs.google. com/…/1AO8dok0LCkGVPi4hTXcpq8…/vie wform…
Professional Events Chairhttps://docs.google.com/…/1O- BPQtL0g9AdTMwvo9nVSj…/viewform…
BEC Representativehttps://docs. google.com/…/1GNTJl_CBbXz4f3XU8rtCPZ…/vie wform…

What’s Going On: Next Week

Proctor & Gamble Virtual Information Session
P & G  is an American multinational consumer goods company headquartered in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. They will be holding a virtual information session Tuesday, September 15th, from  6:30-7:30pm. We will be meeting together to watch the stream in room CSE404.

There will be FREE PIZZA.

They will be recruiting for 4 different positions:
  1. Full Time (for current seniors) – Job requisition and application instructions to be posted on the CRC shortly
  2. Summer Internships (for current juniors) – Job requisition and application instructions to be posted on the CRC shortly
  3. IT Elite Program (for current sophomores) – This is a 1 week program at the end of the summer that feeds into our internship pipeline. It’s late enough in the summer that you can still attend even if you had another internship over the summer. Job requisition and application instructions to be posted on the CRC shortly.
  4. Freshmen Forum  (for current freshmen) – Find more details at https://pg.box.com/Freshman-  Forum. Application instructions will be posted on the CRC once available.

PDF Download for IT Function Description:   https://pg.box.com/IT- Function- Info

Agenda:
  • Introduction to P&G
  • Introduction to the IT function at P&G
  • Our beliefs & purpose
  • IT disciplines
  • Examples of how IT contributes to P&G
  • Why work for P&G?
  • Opportunities at P&G
  • How to Apply
  • Online Assessments
  • Interview Process

Click on the Join WebEx meeting link below and then join the audio using Call Back*

Host key: 149996
Join WebEx meeting
WebEx Meeting number: 759 744 099

Join by phone
+1-415-655- 0045 US Toll
Access code: 759 744 099

#researchtalks with Dr. Eakta Jain
We would like to invite you to our new talk series, #researchtalks with a CISE professor!! Each month, we will be featuring a different professor from the CISE department, and they will be presenting on their research. This is a great way to interact with faculty, learn more about ways to apply Computer Science skills, and stay connected to the department. This month's research talk will be held Wednesday, September 16th in room CSE E404 from 5-6 PM.

Also, there will be free food!

This month's featured speaker is Dr. Eakta Jain. Dr. Jain is an Assistant Professor in the CISE department at UF, and her research involves Human-Centered Interaction (HCI), and specifically, "connecting artist-created visual content with computer-driven technologies". Visit her webpage to learn more: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/
~ejain/.

Please join us to hear Dr. Jain present her research, eat free food, and learn more about HCI! We hope to see you there.

Remember to join the Facebook group  UF ACM  and checkufacm.org to stay connected with us!

Join us in the ACM Fishbowl during our office hours~

Annie: Wednesdays, 9:30-11:30pm

Robert: Tuesdays, 12-2pm

Josh: Mondays, 4-6pm

Bernie: Fridays, 4- 6pm