RE Buff-breasted Sandpipers. We  checked the Bailey Rd. soccer fields on Amelia Island this morning and found low nos. of Killdeer, 3-4 Least Sandpipers but no BBSA, Am. Golden Plovers, Pectoral Sandpipers or similar migrants. Each passing year sees more clutter of the low-grass fields and more activity there. Excluding foul weather, we may never see rare migrants there again and per your description, it sounds like the M&M Dairy site is experiencing similar perturbations. So goes shorebird habitat everywhere.

-----Original Message-----
From: Florida Birds [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bob Richter
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 12:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [FLORIDABIRDS-L] Upland Sandpiper continues

I went out to M & M Dairy this morning in hope of finding the Buff-breasted Sandpipers.
No luck. There was a ot of activity with a bulldozer at the west end of the pasture, a truck driving around in the area and some other vehicles cutting and putting up the black cloth on the fence all the way out to New Berlin. There were egrets, geese, ibis and killdeer on the flat dirt area but no other shorebirds were visible. I was ready to leave when I saw the Upland in the same location as yesterday. The bird was more out in the open and foraging along the edge and near the highest point of the ridge that is parallel and closest to the road. This would be about
60 feet beyond the fence. He was also straight out from a yellow fire hydrant.

Bob Richter
Jacksonville

--
http://www.pbase.com/Bob_Richter
http://bob-richter.fineartamerica.com

To set nomail: Send [log in to unmask] Message: set floridabirds-l nomail; To reset mail:  [log in to unmask] MESSAGE: set floridabirds-l mail; To unsubscribe: [log in to unmask] MESSAGE: unsub floridabirds-l; To write listowners: [log in to unmask]