Heads up -- system closures might affect your ability to do some work next Thursday, if you're pushing against deadlines.  This really only applies to PHHP students.

From: PHHP-BUSINESS <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Geof Gowan <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:06 PM
To: . PHHP-Business
Subject: October Updates for PHHP computers - Tuesday 10/20/15

Hello,

Please save your work and logout of your PHHP Windows computers by the
end of the day Tuesday, October 20th.

*** Internet Explorer 11 ***

In addition to our normal patch process we will also be updating those
of you still running old versions of IE to IE11. The IE11 install
requires a reboot. The subsequent patch for IE11 will also require a
reboot, but can't be installed at the same time.

NOTE: Any computer upgrading to IE11 will have a second reboot Wednesday
night as IE11 itself gets patched.

PHHP IT will be performing updates on College servers Thursday evening
from 9pm-12am. During this time the following PHHP services will be
unavailable:
       Remote Access Services (ts.phhp.ufl.edu, compute.phhp.ufl.edu,
       sas.phhp.ufl.edu, and remote desktop to workstations).
       Network file services: H Drive, N Drive, P Drive.
       Clinical Services: Noah, Cochlear Nucleus, Nerve.

Be sure to save your work and logout of your computer before leaving at
the end of your day Tuesday.

Very early Wednesday morning, we will release Windows, Internet
Explorer, and Office updates to PHHP computers (workstations, laptops,
and terminal servers). Your Windows computer will need to restart.

If you normally shutdown your system, the updates will install the next
time it is turned on. This is true for laptops as well so give them time
to patch prior to when you next need them.

We will send out a reminder Tuesday during the day.

Thank you,

-Geof

--
Geof Gowan       [log in to unmask]