Hi Frank – The wording does not seem sufficient to take as a type designation – he “attaches” lactea, and new species connectens.  This is how others have interpreted it also, and both Smiley & Pawson list and Gebruk have a subsequent designation – I am just not sure by whom?  Cheers – Gustav

From: flmnh-aspidolist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frank Rowe
Sent: Saturday, October 17, 2015 9:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: type species for Zygothuria

HI Gustav,

Reading the original description of Zygothuria by Perrier (1898) might not it be considered that Perrier, himself, 'indicated' the type species as lactea (even though he does consider it 'polymorphic') and to which  he 'adds' the second, and new, species connectans to his new genus??

Just a thought,

Frank