From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer L. Briney
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 2:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Retention Efforts----"The Murky Middle"

I would like this as well.
Jenny Briney
MacMurray College
Jacksonville, IL

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Greg Strouse
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 1:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Retention Efforts----"The Murky Middle"

Greetings!

I am looking for ideas, current practices, programs, resources, etc., on retention efforts targeting 2nd and 3rd year college students. There seems to be lots of information related to first year students or students at academic risk. What retention programming efforts do you have on your campus targeting 2nd and 3rd year students (who are not on academic warning/probation)?. At recent conferences, I have heard the phrase "the murky/forgotten middle" used quite a bit. Thanks in advance for any information and/or suggestions you can provide!

Greg Strouse

Transylvania University

Lexington KY