What is your total enrollment (just an estimate)?
Approx. 4000 (FTE) 8,000+ total

Public, private, 4- or 2-year?
        Public, 2-year

Do you employ professional tutors? For writing or content or both? How many? Which areas (e.g., statistics)
	Yes. For all of our services (Writing Center, which is totally professional; Math Center; 1-on-1/group tutoring; Science Center; embedded tutoring; accounting lab)

Do you employ peer tutors? Same as above--are they grads or undergrads?
        Yes. Undergraduates

Do you have a separate writing center at your institution?
	Our Writing Center is part of the Academic Link (which comprises all of our learning assistance services).

If not, how much of your business is writing?

WC + OWC = almost 16% of our visits

What other instructional initiatives does your department facilitate or manage: classroom workshops, a coaching/mentoring program, SI, etc.?

	Academic Success Coaching, classroom workshops (writing & academic coaching, primarily)

How are your tutoring sessions made: appointment, drop-in, etc.?
	Writing Center, Math Center, Science Center, Accounting Lab are all walk-in. 1-on-1 and group tutoring by appt.

Are you located in Student Affairs or Academic Affairs?
	We fall under Academic & Student Affairs (combined under the same VP at our school).

Linda

Linda Whitlock, MA
Academic Link Coordinator
Virginia Western Community College