Colleagues,

Currently, our Learning Assistance center is funded through general university funds and
free for all students. We are quickly reaching the ends of our budgets but more and more
students are using our center. Thus, we are considering implementing a fee either for the
usage of the center or a per credit hour fee to support the learning center. I was
wondering if your institution had a fee for service or per credit hour fee and how that
system worked? More specifically I was wondering about the following questions:
1. Does your institution have a fee for service or per credit hour fee? If so, how much is
that fee and how does it operate?
2. If you have instituted a fee has it impacted the number of students you served, student
perception of services, or another outcomes?
3. Are there any other ways that you fund your services/Center?

Thanks for your help!

Kirk Skoglund
Academic Engagement Coordinator
Talent Development Center