From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kirk Skoglund
Sent: Tuesday, October 06, 2015 9:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fees for Learning Assistance Services

Colleagues,

Currently, our Learning Assistance center is funded through general university funds and free for all students. We are quickly reaching the ends of our budgets but more and more students are using our center. Thus, we are considering implementing a fee either for the usage of the center or a per credit hour fee to support the learning center. I was wondering if your institution had a fee for service or per credit hour fee and how that system worked? More specifically I was wondering about the following questions:
1. Does your institution have a fee for service or per credit hour fee? If so, how much is that fee and how does it operate?
2. If you have instituted a fee has it impacted the number of students you served, student perception of services, or another outcomes?
3. Are there any other ways that you fund your services/Center?

Thanks for your help!

Kirk Skoglund
Academic Engagement Coordinator
Talent Development Center