Others will chime in, I¹m sure, but the first question is ³working to do
what?²
For instance, academic and cognitive engagement are widely accepted
outcomes and predictable proxies for other outcomes.
Alternatively, if your objectives for tutoring are something other than
what the courses you are supporting are seeking in principle or in
practice, you can develop measures to assess that. An open-ended question
in your assessment such as the following will help you identify potential
topics to ask about, ³What are you learning or learning how to do in
tutoring that you are not getting in other parts of the course? Lastly,
you can ask your administrators for ³direct² evidence that what they are
doing ³works² as an example of the kind of assessment they are looking
for.
Nic

Dominic (Nic) J. Voge  ||  Associate Director
Undergraduate Learning Program
McGraw Center for Teaching & Learning ||  Princeton University
328 Frist Center
(609)258-6921  || http://www.princeton.edu/mcgraw/us/

On 10/13/15, 6:57 AM, "Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on
behalf of Simpson Jr., Tourgee D" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of