From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hunter Boylan
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2015 2:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Reminder Email

Hi, Everyone!

There has been a lot of talk in policy circles about non-traditional methods of assessing students' cognitive and non-cognitive characteristics.  At the same time, there is increasing distrust of existing paper and pencil or computer based instruments. Do any of you use some alternative assessment techniques to gather information on your students for advising, placement, or instructional purposes?

HRB

Hunter R. Boylan, Ph.D. Professor and Director National Center for Developmental Education Reich College of Education, Appalachian State University ASU Box 32098, Boone, NC  28608
828-262-6100