678-839-5448

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer L Lee
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 11:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Planning a "conference" style training for tutors

Hi all,

About 4 years ago, a colleague and I came across the idea (from another
institution) of having a conference-style orientation/training whereby
tutors could choose to attend concurrent sessions. Until recently, I very
much doubted the possibility of this ever coming to fruition.

As of the past 1-2 years, I have extra help in the form of "Senior" tutors
as well as an additional professional staff member; I am starting to think
that this may be feasible to execute next August.

Do any other centers offer a similar training? We will have around 80-90
tutors participating, with some of those leading the breakout sessions. I
would love more information on how other programs facilitate this kind of
training.

Thanks
​ in advance!

Jennifer

*Jennifer L. Lee, M.Ed.*
*Assistant Director of Tutoring Services* *Campus Learning Center* *Division
of Strategic Enrollment Management*

*900 Park Avenue (Hibbs 121)*
*P.O. Box 842532*

*Richmond, VA 23284-2532*

*(804) 827-8108**[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*

*https://go.vcu.edu/clc <http://go.vcu.edu/clc> *

*Current Drop-in Tutoring Schedule
<https://blackboard.vcu.edu/bbcswebdav/users/jllee2/CLC_DI_Tutoring_Schedules/DropInTutoringSchedule.pdf>*

*Follow CLC @VCU on Twitter*
*Tweet us @VCU_CLC*

*Interested in more info on how to become a peer tutor or SI leader? Go
here!
<http://uc.vcu.edu/learning-support/campus-learning-center/prospective-tutorssi-leaders/>*