Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for your reply.  I appreciate your time and candor.  I
will definitely share the information with my colleagues as we look toward
the future of our program.  You make a good argument for SI fees.

In the case of our peer tutoring program, tutoring fees were previously
billed directly to the student's account.  Unfortunately that did not allow
us to reap the benefit of students having "skin in the game" since the vast
majority of our students' bills are paid by their parents.  Nor did it do
away with the problem of tutoring fees posing a barrier to some students.
Twenty years ago when students paid for their tutoring by cash or check
right here in the Academic Success Center, they DID have some "skin in the
game," but our institution moved to centralized billing practices.

Thank you again for your informative reply.  It is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Janet

*-----*
*Janet Pinkham*