Our DEV classes were Pass/Fail for some time but we converted most to graded.  The reason we did was the impact it had on grade points.  A student doing quite well in a DEV class could not improve their overall grade point if the class was P/F.  That became a reason to avoid the DEV classes.

Ron

Ronald D. Illingworth
Professor Emeritus of English and Developmental Studies
University of Alaska Fairbanks
907-488-0446 (h)
1-866-535-6459 (Fax)